Code of Practice
- Our ethos is simple; we treat people in a manner that we wish to be treated. If you feel that you have any cause for complaint, please write to the Customer Services Manager by email (with a Delivery Receipt and Read Receipt) to [email protected], or by Recorded Delivery postal service to: Home Media Limited, 24-26 Union Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1ED.
- We strive to provide excellent customer service and welcome any suggestions you may have for improving our service to you and others.
- We take your privacy seriously and undertake that we will not pass any information provided by you to any third party (unless it is necessary to complete the transaction) without your consent. We may wish to contact you from time to time to inform you of additional information relating to your purchase, or regarding events we conduct that we think may interest you. If, however, you do not wish to be contacted, please let us know and we will amend your details accordingly.
- The goods stated on your invoice copy entitle you to technical service for as long as you own the product(s). This includes telephone support or, if required, a brief assessment of a problem at our showroom. As a customer courtesy, this service is free of charge.
Terms & Conditions
- Goods remain the property of Home Media Limited until full payment has been received.
- Please keep your invoice copy/receipt in a safe place to ensure continuity of service and as proof of purchase. It follows:
- Should you lose the receipt and we are unable to trace the transaction, we reserve the right to charge for any repair of goods, even if claimed to be under warranty.
- Exchange of goods, if working correctly, is at the discretion of Home Media Limited and such goods including accessories, manuals and packaging, must be of ‘as new’ merchantable quality.
- A minimum handling charge of 15% will be made against goods that are returned for credit where the order has been executed correctly and the goods are in satisfactory working order. In addition, please see below:
- Home Media Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, No: 714313 and, as such, arranges loans on your behalf in association with Pay4Later. Where a loan has been arranged and accepted: Should you wish to return the goods for credit, any agreed refund shall have any credit charges (subsidised by us on your behalf) deducted from the refund value.
- A non-refundable 20% deposit is required for special orders, a handling and restocking charge of 20% will be applied to the credit of such goods where we have executed the order correctly.
Home Delivery Service
- We can provide a home delivery service via our own vehicles at an additional charge. Goods are not sold on a trial basis.
- We offer goods for sale by demonstration to ensure they are suitable for your needs. However, we do allow an exchange period of 14 days from the date of sale where:
- The goods that are returned or collected are in ‘as new’ merchantable condition. Should this not be so, we reserve the right to apply a minimum restocking/repacking charge of 15%.
- In the case of goods that have been ordered specifically and do not form part of our stock profile, we reserve the right to refuse the return of such goods should they be in full working order.
- Mail Order: We reserve the right to check, test and validate that a product is fault free prior to dispatch. If a carrier service is used to deliver goods to you, claims for damage, non-functionality or mis-shipping must be made within 3 days of the receipt of the goods.
- Goods that develop a fault within 28 days of receipt will usually be exchanged. After this time, repair of goods (not replacement) will be offered unless our suppliers agree an exchange.
- If a carrier service is used to deliver goods to you, we strongly recommend that you keep all packing, accessories and instructions. A charge will be made to provide and deliver packing should you need to return goods to us.
- Your basic rights under the Distance Selling Act are not affected, Therefore:
- You have 7 days from the receipt of goods to assess that the goods meet your requirements. If you inform us within this time, a refund (excluding delivery charges) will be offered providing the goods are returned to us in merchantable condition with all packing and accessories.
- If you return goods to us for warranty repair, please ensure the goods are packed securely, especially the corners of speakers and all transit bolts are in place for Naim CD Players (and other brands where applicable). Please insure the article to its replacement value. We will inform you, upon receipt of the goods, if any damage has occurred so that you may contact your carrier.
- If the goods advertised for sale are listed incorrectly due to typographical error or by omissions on our behalf, Home Media Limited reserves the right to refuse the order or refund any money before dispatch. This applies to goods advertised in-store, on the Home Media website and on all third party websites. Our liability to be bound by any price error will be legally binding upon dispatch. In any event:
- Our liability to you with regard to purchases shall not exceed the price you paid for the goods.
- We shall have no liability for any matters arising which are outside our control.
- Nothing within these terms and conditions shall limit any of your legal rights.
- We reserve the right to change or amend these terms and conditions at any time when necessary.
Repair & Storage Service
- Goods left in our possession for repair, assessment or storage are at the customers’ own risk.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure goods are safely packed for transport and where possible, in the packing provided by the manufacturer before being lodged with us for repair.
- We will endeavour to complete any repair undertaken within the estimated timescale offered. If there is a delay (eg. Waiting to receive parts from a supplier), we will inform you accordingly. Please note, we cannot be held responsible for third party statements or delivery failures. (Force Majeure):
- We will test to ensure repairs carried out by our suppliers or agents have been completed in accordance with your instructions but we will not be liable for any damage caused or ineffective repairs carried out by them.
- Estimates of repair cost must be paid in advance. If you do not wish to proceed, costs are not refundable.
- We will inform you upon completion of a repair by telephone, email or letter. If repaired goods are not collected within three months of completion, we reserve the right to sell the goods to reclaim our costs.
- Our storage of goods service is offered on a weekly basis and charges do not include the packing of goods, collection, delivery or re-installation.
- Goods for storage must be packaged in accordance with manufacturer guidelines and we will not accept items for storage unless packing of sufficient quality is used. We do, however, offer a packing service and, where possible, will use suppliers packaging. This is a chargeable service.
- Our own insurance will cover goods left on our premises but we will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to those products. Any compensation claims made will be passed to our insurers.
- If the goods lodged in our care are of sufficient quality to cumulatively exceed £5,000, we suggest you take out independent insurance cover. We may offer such cover at an additional cost.
Televisions & Video Projectors
- Modern televisions and Video Projectors are manufactured using a high level of ultra-precision technology. Nevertheless, permanently lit, inactive or overactive pixels may occur. This is a consequence of the technology and is considered inside their specification.
- E&OE (Errors and Omissions Excepted ).