The SME Model 15 Turntable could be described as “the ultimate in recovery vehicles”, allowing the cartridge to retrieve the last iota of recorded material whether digital or analogue, from the vinyl disc and approaching the ultimate in perfection. Receiving its inspiration from the superb SME Model 10 precision turntable, the SME Model 15 turntable seeks to emulate the excellence of the Model 20/3 & 30/2 turntable whilst retaining the more compact footprint preferred by many of SME’s enthusiasts.
The SME Model 15 turntable has been designed with the same attention to detail combined with simplicity of operation that has come to be expected from all SME products. The Model 15’s superb performance and its laid back styling make it a glamorous addition to your sound system that will astound listeners for many years to come.
The main spindle is 19 mm (3/4″) machined from high chrome tool steel, it is ground, super finished and supported in a sealed housing with individually fitted sintered bronze bearings of generous proportions needed to support the platter.
- Arm – Standard arm mountings suit all SME 9″ and 10″ arms
- Suspension – The Model 15 sub-chassis is suspended on 30 purpose moulded ‘O’ rings and weighs, together with the platter, more than 11.0 kg (24 lbs), thus meeting all the requirements of high density construction that is required to maintain freedom from colouration
- Damping – Controlled by a central fluid damper which controls the sub-chassis motion, offers a resistive ground path for acoustic signals, eliminates overshoot and gives almost zero ‘Q’ recovery
- Platter – Machined from aluminium alloy and weighs over 4.6 kg (10 lbs). It is extensionally damped, the top surface being diamond-turned with a fine scroll. This method of finishing contacts a myriad of tiny fibres with the underside of the record, firmly coupling it to the platter. A substantial reflex clamp ensures the largest possible platter contact even when an appreciable record warp is present
- Motor – The turntable is driven by a 3 phase, brushless outrunner motor with 8-pole Neodymium magnets and 3 integrated Hall effect sensors and virtually vibrationless by reason of its 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs) weight as well as being isolated on urethane mounts that are adjustable for accurate belt positioning
- Speed Control – The electronic controller uses a high performance microprocessor, optimised for motor control. Closed loop speed control is implemented using a proportional plus integral (PI) algorithm. Fine pitch speed adjustment allows increments/decrements of +/-0.01% of selected speed. Speed ranges: 33.3, 45 & 78 rpm
- Weight & Dimensions – Dimensions: 428 x 378 x 176mm. Net weight: 18.5 kg (40 lbs). Shipping weight: 24.2 kg (53 lbs
If you would like to experience how the Chord Signature tone arm cable can enhance your system, please contact us to arrange a home trial. Terms and conditions apply and are available upon request.