The Roon Nucleus Network Audio Player is the centre component of your Roon music system. It’s the house keeper, the traffic warden and the mastermind that takes care of the music collection. Using the Roon Nucleus music server, the Roon App manages all your music contained on HDD’s, NAS drives as well as streaming content. It also allows you to play it on multiple audio devices throughout your home. The Roon Nucleus is a great way to run access your entire music content via the Roon App, at any price.
Simply plug the Roon Nucleus into your network, connect your hard drives, download Roon remote apps (iOS, Android, macOS, Windows) and you’ll be ready to play music using a wide variety of audio devices, including the following:
AirPlay, Auralic Altair and Aries Mini, Devialet, KEF LS50 Wireless, Meridian, Naim Atom, Nova and Star, Oppo UDP-203 and UDP-205, Roon Ready, Squeezebox devices, Sonos and a huge variety of USB DAC’s, such as the Audioquest Dragonfly Black and Red together with the Chord Electronics Qutest, Hugo TT and DAVE. Many products additional are expected to become Roon compatible over the coming months.
Aside from being a powerful and fanless music server, what sets the Roon Nucleus apart is that it’s powered by Roon operating system, which is a fast and lightweight operating system and optimised to perform one task, to browse and play music. Roon is a multi-room, multi-user networked audio platform and built to the exacting standards demanded for by audiophiles. It provides features like bit-perfect playback, DSD and PCM upsampling, multi channel playback and signal path display.
As well as distributing music throughout your home, the Roon Nucleus also offers great performance, particularly when connected to a USB DAC. A computer source has never sounded this good until now…
If you’re looking for even higher performance, or more extensive DSP control and greater multi-zone support, have a look at the superior Roon Nucleus +, or the Innuos range of CD Ripping Network Audio Players, also featured on our website.
- Manages your music stored on USB hard drives, NAS, and streamed content from TIDAL
- Runs Roon OS and is controlled by the Roon apps for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows
- Streams music to Sonos®, AirPlay®, Devialet, KEF, Roon Ready, Meridian, USB, and Squeezebox audio devices
- Silent design with no fans or moving parts
- Roon Nucleus employs a premium Intel Core i3 processor for strong and stable performance
- Requires subscription to use the Roon App. Please consult a member of our team for assistance
- Input Voltage: 12-19V DC
- I/O Ports: (2x) USB 3.0 (can be used for hard drive and/or DAC) HDMI (stereo and multi-channel audio output)
- Internal Drive: 2.5” SATA SSD or HDD up to 9mm drive height
- Library Capacity: Up-to 12,000 albums (120,000 tracks)
- Multi-Room Streaming: Up-to 5 Simultaneous Zones
- DSP Capability: Limited DSP (EQ, Crossfeed, Delay, etc.)