The NAC 252 descends from the NAC 52 – still one of the finest pre-amplifiers ever manufactured. It brings both control and connectivity advances over the NAC 52, and a significantly enhanced construction, aesthetic, and finish. Its performance, too, is enhanced with the benefit of a decade of research and development bringing yet more speed, detail, transparency, and music.
Many designs were explored for the NAC 252 and a complete review of the circuit topology and components took place in accordance with the developments pioneered in pre-amplifiers such as the NAC52. Hundreds of hours were spent listening to various designs, ensuring that the harmony between music and technology was always maintained.
Precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers are used to preserve music integrity and ensure long-term stability. Ten independently regulated power supplies are fed from the matching SuperCap power supply. Totally separate regulated supplies for the digital control and switching ensure no noise is generated in the audio circuits.
In addition to the preferred DIN inputs the NAC 252 owner can configure two of the inputs for use with the more common RCA phono connectors, allowing a wide range of non-Naim cables and components to be used. A user-configurable unity-gain input is provided for use with the AV2 processor or similar.
Each of the six inputs features separate listen and record facilities. In addition to the usual record mute, the NAC 252 mutes not only the output but also powers down all associated record circuitry, eliminating any possibility of degrading the main output. The Naim NAC 252 combines stunningly musical and accurate Hi-Fi reproduction with extensive flexibility to ensure it will remain at the heart of top quality systems for many years to come.
Please note that the NAC 252 requires a SuperCap Power Supply to work, as there is no internal power supply.
– Six line-level inputs including two user-configurable versatile (DIN/phono) inputs.
– User configurable unity-gain AV input.
– Powered input for use with StageLine or Prefix phono stage.
– Full infra red remote control.
– RC5 input for wired remote control in complex installations.
– Optional RS232 input/output for use in full home automation systems.
– The Naim Super-Cap power supply provides each of the ten audio circuits with an independent regulated power supply.
– Separately regulated power supply for the digital control and switching circuitry.