- No compromise digital music source component
- Optimised for high-resolution audio file streaming
- 4TB (2TB x2) HDD
- 60W high-capacity power unit
- Front USB 2.0 port for file import
Being the first storage system optimised for Hi-Res audio, the Melco N1A HDD Music Library was designed from the outset as an audiophile component. As digital music lovers will see and hear, it is bristling with audiophile credentials.
Free from IT-industry peripherals, the basic architecture and design of the Melco N1A is unique to the application of High Resolution Digital Music playback and incorporates the Melco Direct Streaming Music format. If you own a Hi-Fi system that utilises network players or streamers, then the N1A will be a huge benefit to your system, allowing for improved sound quality and a better user experience.
To support the trend of digital audio files becoming the most important and highest quality audio source (similar to that of SACD or CD), an increasing number of audiophile audio players now support UPnP/DLNA streaming.
Unlike SACD or CD, audio streaming requires integration with a Network Attached Storage device (NAS) that needs to be carefully designed to be well functional with power stabilisation and low-noise. Buffalo’s team of engineers did just that! A NAS device specifically designed for Hi-Res digital audio going by the name of Melco. The resulting Melco N1A HDD Music Library delivers a high standard of user experience and audio quality that would normally be found upon choosing superior audio equipment.
LAN (1000BASE-T), Player (1000BASE-T), Backup (USB3.0, rear panel), Expansion (USB3.0, rear panel), USB3.0 (rear panel), USB2.0 (front panel), Ground Connectable Bolt
4TB (2TB x2)
|Supported Audio Formats||
384kHz/32bit PCM, 5.6MHz DSD, AIFF, ALAC, DSF, DSDIFF, FLAC, WAV
Front Panel – Aluminium, Chassis – Metal
436mm x 70mm x 352mm, 17.2" x 2.8" x 13.9"
– Dedicated LAN port for Player (Streamer) connectivity – optimum data integrity and simple setup.
– Light-piped Ethernet ports provide complete electrical isolation, totally removing the possibility of interference and noise.
– LAN LED off function – ensures the highest possible data integrity.
– Separated power supply circuitry for LAN ports – isolates the LAN function from all electrical disturbances.
– Audio-grade ultra-low jitter data clock – eliminates any possibility of data jitter at the source component.
– High-grade power supplies with audiophile grade components.
– Specialist TAOC branded audio isolators.
– No PC required for setup and installation – no specialist knowledge needed.
– Specific IP port for Streamer/Player with additional Network port for Control and Ethernet – Simply creates a robust network for streaming high resolution music and control even on complex networks.
– Pre-installed media server – no configuration required.
– Supports multiple specialised media servers – currently shipping with Twonky 7 with DSD support.
– Informative OLED front panel display – displays current streaming track data, system status, and setup.
– Simple menu navigation structure and track selection.
– Simple front panel on-off switch – just like Hi-Fi
– 15 seconds to full power-on, 5 seconds to fully power-down.
– Safe against unintended power down – no requirement for UPS.
Category: Network Audio Players & Streamers.
CD Players & Transports, Hi-Fi Systems - Integrated, Integrated Amplifiers, Network Audio Players & Streamers£495.00 – £989.00 inc. VAT
- £3,829.00 inc. VAT
- £850.00 inc. VAT
- £995.00 – £1,045.00 inc. VAT
- £2,430.00 – £2,750.00 inc. VAT
- £299.00 – £398.99 inc. VAT
CD Players & Transports, Integrated Amplifiers, Network Audio Players & Streamers£869.00 – £1,879.00 inc. VAT
Clearance Bargains, D To A Converters - DACs, Network Audio Players & Streamers, Pre Amplifiers
- £649.95 inc. VAT
- £6,300.00 inc. VAT
- £5,419.00 – £5,515.00 inc. VAT