Since the launch of the Lehmann Audio Linear Headphone Amplifier in 2004, there is a high end headphone amplifier to realize even the highest demands to reference quality headphone music reproduction. The selectable gain (0 dB, 10 dB, 20 dB) of the Lehmann Audio Linear effectively optimizes the output level of the zero global feedback Class A output stage. Practically all high quality dynamic headphones available will show their best possible performance, no matter if you have an easy to drive low impedance pair of headphones or an ineffective pair of 600 ohms studio cans.
Dynamic headphones are much more different than most people realize. For the same sound pressure level the power needed with different headphone models can vary up to a factor of about 500! Impedances can be different to a factor of more than 20!
This is the reason why different headphone models have very individual requirements to the headphone amplifier driving them in terms of voltage and current. Everybody who once has connected a high quality headphone to any given standard headphone output knows about this problem.
Carefully selected top notch components and a highly sophisticated circuit design guarantee top performance listening pleasure. For stereo setups with just one source like a CD player or a turntable with a phono stage the Linear is the simplest and most effective active preamp one can think of. All audio connectors including the two Neutrik phone jacks come with gold plated connectors. No external Y-adapter is needed!
The faceplate and the massive milled aluminium knob for the smooth running 27 mm ALPS high grade volume control are available in anodized black or silver.
Click here to view the product information sheet.
– Input impedance – 47 kohms
– Max. gain – 0 dB, 10 dB, 20 dB selectable via DIP switches on the bottom side
– Frequency response – 10 Hz (-0.3 dB) to 35 kHz (-1 dB)
– Signal to noise ratio – >95 dB at 0 dB gain (analogue)
– THD – <0.001 % at 6 mW/300 ohms
– Channel separation – >70 dB/10 kHz
– Output power – 200 mW/300 ohms, 400 mW/60 ohms
– Output impedance – Line Out 60 ohms, Headphone Out 5 ohms
– Outer dimensions – 280 x 110 x 44 mm³ (housing only)
– Connectors (audio) – Neutrik headphone sockets, 6.35 mm with gold-plated contacts, 1x parallel to Line Out, 1x Line Out muting, Gold plated RCA sockets with teflon insulation
– Weight – app. 1.5 kg
– Face plate – Anodised Silver or Black