The Astell & Kern KANN, portable audio player, is the first Astell&Kern product is equipped with a line-out circuit designed to set the output values in 4 levels, depending on the user’s listening preference; a significant step up from previous products, which did not provide output/volume control. With the selectable output function, you can fine-tune your sound to suit a home system, car audio, or any other listening environment. KANN also supports Astell&Kern’s 2.5-mm 4-pole balanced outputs (2.3 Vrms). Unlike the unbalanced type, balanced output removes noise (common mode noise) from “signal + inverting amplifier signal” and has the strength to increase output with its double transmitting signals.
To increase flexibility of use, you can connect additional USB Audio to the A&K KANN via the Micro USB port. KANN allows output conversion according to the specifications of the external USB Audio that supports DoP (DSD over PCM) or PCM, and provides continuous music playback with charging via the Type C USB port while connected to the external USB Audio.
* USB audio (Digital Out) output is available only when digital input is possible through USB.
* DoP (DSD over PCM): This is a standard for transferring DSD data to USB interface. This standard sends DSD data by mounting them onto PCM data frames.
* To link the KANN with an external USB Audio, an OTG cable (purchased separately) is required.
* The separately purchased cable connecting the OTG cable to an external USB Audio must be appropriate for the specification of the USB Audio.
Enjoy up to an hour of your favorite music with a single 10-minute charge through the fast charger.
There is no fear of a dead battery when on a long journey as the 6,000mA large capacity battery offers 14 hours of continuous playback.
* The maximum 14-hour continuous play is based on 24-bit/96 kHz, FLAC file format, screen off, 50% of volume, and low gain playback.
* Fast charger (9V/1.67A) and general Charger (5V/2A) are not included in the package.